Passion twist hair is one of the simplest protective hairstyles to achieve and flaunt! You can replicate the style at home with Indique Hair’s pre-stretched human hair extensions. These twists offer many styling options, and you can wear them all– from updos to boho-chic styles!
Everyone is talking about protective hairstyles, which are undoubtedly one of the finest methods to protect your hair! Several protective styles are available, and one such is the passion twist hairstyle. It enables you to grow out your naturally curly hair while looking like a trendsetter!
Read on to learn what you need to know before getting passion twist hair, and get ready to install passion twist at home! Follow our step-by-step guides to get the trendy passion twist hair at home. We have also compiled a list of pointers to care for passion twists.
What Is Passion Twist Hair & How Long Does It Last?
Passion twist, sometimes called spring twists, is a two-strand protective style created using textured braiding hair extensions. The style is similar to goddess locs but quicker to achieve. With adequate maintenance, passion twist lasts up to 8 weeks– that’s 2 months of stunning passion twist hairstyles!
How Many Packs Of Hair Do I Need?
You should use 3-4 packs of braiding hair for a fuller look.
How Long Is The Installation Time For Passion Twist?
Installation time varies on the length, thickness, size, and type of installation you choose. It takes 2 hours to install crochet passion twist hair. Individually installing passion twist hair can take between 3-6 hours. Passion twist installation is much quicker with the braidless crochet method.
Installing Passion Twist Hair: The Twisting Method
Here are the steps in installing the passion twist hair using the twisting method.
Step 1: Prepping Your Passion Twist Hair Extensions
- Fluff your passion twist human hair extensions.
- Grab one end of the braiding hair extension and split the hair down the middle (until you reach halfway). Then grab the other end and repeat the splitting step.
- Continue separating the passion twist hair extensions, and lay them on a flat surface as you go.
Step 2: Prepping Your Natural Hair
- Preparing your natural hair is essential before placing passion twists extensions. Thoroughly wash your hair with a mild cleanser or a sulfate-free shampoo.
- Condition or deep condition your water wave or deep wave passion twist strands.
- Rinse the conditioner and air-dry your hair.
Step 3: Installing Passion Twist Extensions
- Now that your extensions are fluffed and your hair cleaned, it’s time to install & achieve the twists.
- Divide your hair into sections– you could split it as you go, but it’s better to part all at once. The thickness of the sections should match the size of the twist in the final hairstyle.
- To control frizz, use a styling gel across the edges of your sections.
- Divide your hair in half and twist each (half sections) until it’s secure and flat. Ensure the twists aren’t too tight to prevent scalp pain while sporting passion twist hairstyles.
- Secure the extension on your hair and begin twisting downwards. Pull your hair tight to achieve the messy passion twist styles everyone loves!
- Apply a bit of gel on your fingertips and wrap the section around at the ends to create coils. Continue the steps until you are done installing the extensions.
- Use a bit of mousse to your passion twist hair, and let the sections hair-dry.
Installing Passion Twist Hair: Rubber Band Method
Here are the steps to installing passion twists using the rubber band method.
Step 1: Preparation
- Comb your hair, create clean sections, and apply a gel to sleek down any frizz and create a flat surface.
- Divide the parts into small or medium-sized boxes, and tie them using rubber bands.
Step 2: Installation
- To install the passion twist extension, divide your hair into half (one box at a time) and apply styling gel along the length of your natural hair.
- Take a section of your braiding hair and fold it in half, place it around your hair, and braid your hair and the extension down an inch or two.
- Incorporate your natural hair and begin twisting until you reach the end.
- Twirl the tip around your fingers to complete the installation.
- Repeat these steps for the remaining sections.
- Once you’re done, lay your edges to achieve one of the most stunning passion twist styles!
Installing Passion Twist Hair: Braidless Crochet Method
Here are the steps to installing passion twist hair using the braidless crochet method.
Step 1: Preparation
- Shop for pre-stretched braiding hair curly extensions from Indique Hair for the most seamless result.
- Begin by sectioning your hair into medium-sized boxes.
- Tie the first box with a hair band, combine the first box with another section, and tie them together.
- Following the third step throughout your hair and connect the boxes– this step will make installing passion twist hair extensions much quicker and easier later.
Step 2: Installation
- Once you are done creating and connecting the boxes, fold a section of your braiding hair into half.
- Pull the braiding hair through the spaces between the boxes using a crochet hook. Secure each extension with a knot.
- Continue installing the twists throughout your hair, and you’re done!
A Detailed Hair Care Guide To Maintaining Passion Twist Hair
Maintaining your passion twist hairstyles comes down to three factors: the type of hair you use, moisturizing, and healthy sleeping habits. Here is a detailed guide to maintaining your passion twist hair!
Detangling Your Passion Twist
- Brush your fingers through your twists, detangling each section with your fingertips.
- Start from the ends and work upwards to reduce tangles. Avoid yanking while you detangle to prevent the knots from matting.
- Use your handy scissors to snip off any sections that appear to be matting or are difficult to finger detangle.
Washing & Conditioning Passion Twist
- As intimidating as it might appear to wash your passion twist hair, it’s quite easy to wash it.
- Rinse your twists under running water and break up any styling gel or debris using your fingertips.
- Apply a small amount of sulfate-free shampoo to your scalp and the roots and massage the product. If you have a ton of twists, we recommend washing them in sections to ensure they are thoroughly cleaned.
- Rinse the shampoo under running water and avoid rubbing your hair. This will help prevent the twists from unraveling.
- To condition, your twists, use a hydrating product and scrunch it to your protective style. You can apply it slightly closer to the roots, so your natural hair stays hydrated!
Sleeping With Passion Twist Hair
- Maintaining your passion twist hair correctly at night is essential for longevity and eliminating tangling. Tie your hair up and wrap it with a satin scarf bonnet every night to prevent the ends from knotting.
- Sleep on silk or satin pillowcases on days you aren’t using a bonnet to retain moisture.
- If you experience dryness at the ends of your twists, use oil to keep them moisturized and smooth!
Refreshing Your Passion Twist
- Keeping your passion twists looking fresh and healthy is key to sporting various passion twist hairstyles. Use a styling mousse to achieve a wet and wavy look.
- Trim the frizzy ends to maintain the defined boho appearance.
- Alternatively, you can unravel your twists and retwist the strands for a smoother appearance.
Passion twist hair is undoubtedly one of the sleekest ways to enjoy the warm summer weather and simultaneously protect your natural curls. Choose any of the installation options above, showcase your artistic style, and turn heads everywhere.
Choose from Indique Hair’s collection of weft-free braiding hair and achieve your dreams’ most stunning passion twist hairstyles!