So, you want to buy your first 10×10 custom canopy tent, but aren’t sure how to make it last long? Fret not. We are here with some essential tips to help you.
The custom canopy tent is a versatile accessory that combines the functions of a shade solution with that of a brand promotion tool. It’s simple design and user-friendly features mean that installing this accessory is a breeze. You can uninstall and store away a 10×10 custom canopy tents with as much ease.
Things that damage your tent
Your canopy tent is meant for the outdoors. This means that it will be exposed to the elements quite often. The biggest enemy of any outdoor accessory is, of course, the UV radiations in sunlight. Not only is the UV bad for our health, but also a menace for outdoor accessories like canopy tents, marquees and gazebos. And then there is the rain! Coupled with the UV radiations, the rain can severely damage the fabric of a tent.
After a considerable period of exposure to both the UV and the rain, a tent canopy begins to lose its sheen. After more time in the sun and the rain, the canopy begins to unravel; first in the edges and then gradually further inward. There is the added threat of mildew, which tends to grow on the moist outside surface of the canopy.
But is it all bad news? Certainly not.
Things to watch out for
1. Check out the canopy material before buying
This is something that buyers need to do as a practice. What is the canopy of your tent made from? The most common material used these days is, of course, polyester. Polyester is a manmade fibre that has its own set of advantages and a few disadvantages.
It is durable, wrinkle free and can be machine-washed. But it is not as good as, say cotton, in absorbing moisture. Polyester also has the tendency to attract mildew. It is naturally waterproof and blocks UV radiations with relative ease compared to the natural fibers. As far as breathability is concerned, polyester is better than nylon or acrylic. The advantages of polyester definitely outweigh its disadvantages, and this makes it the preferred material for pop up tents and custom canopies.
10×10 custom canopy tent manufacturers like Extreme Canopy, Australia use special materials to coat their tent canopies. The 500D PVC and 600D PU used to coat their X5, X6, X7 and Q8 series of custom canopy tents make them extra durable. The canopies of these tents can easily block the UV radiations and the rain. They are also fire retardant and come with a 1-year warranty.
Our advice: Be careful about the material of your custom printed canopy. Durability is the key feature you need to look for in your 10×10 custom canopy tent.
2. Packing and Storing
This might look as a simple chore, but there are a bunch of things that you need to watch out for.
- Make sure your custom canopy tent is absolutely moisture free before packing and storing it away. Do not use heat sources like a hot blower to dry your tent. It can affect the canopy adversely and cause irreparable damage.
- The best method to dry a canopy is to keep it out in the sun for a while before folding and packing it. That should take care of the moisture. Modern 10×10 custom canopy tents come with canopies coated with materials such as Polyurethane and PVC. These materials are water repellent and dry up quickly after a shower.
- The frame of a 10×10 pop up canopy tent is normally made from powder coated metal. This means it is corrosion resistant. But it does help to wipe off the extra water from the surface of the frame after a shower.
- If your tent canopy is showing signs of mildew growth, spray it with vinegar or modern mildew removal products available in the market. That should take care of the mildew.
3. The Colour
Believe it or not, colour does have a small role to play in the longevity of a 10×10 branded tent. Lighter hues tend to reflect a lot of sunlight, while the darker shades absorb a lot of the sun’s radiations. If your favourite colours happen to be the lighter ones, your tent canopy might be benefiting from it. If you cannot do without the darker shades, worry not! Modern 10×10 pop up tents are built to last.
Your product might be larger than the standard 10×10 custom canopy tent. Manufacturers like Extreme Canopy, Australia, make canopy tents as large as 20’x20’. But the aforementioned tips apply to them as well. These accessories are built to last. But with some care, you can make them last longer than usual. It’s after all your hard earned money. Remember: A dollar saved is a dollar earned.
Leave a Reply